The United States Women’s National Team will take on China in the quarterfinals of the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup on Friday, June 26 in Ottawa.
The U.S. Women will be without usual starters Megan Rapinoe and Lauren Holiday, but the loss can be viewed as a blessing in disguise.
If the Americans pull off a win, they will face world No. 1 Germany in the semifinals Tuesday.
• Chinese women could earn huge bonus with upset of USA. China’s Women’s World Cup squad already earned a bonus for defeating Cameroon, but there could be a steep increase in each player’s paycheck.
• Three keys to a U.S. Win over China. The team is frustrated with with lack of goals so far.
• The USWNT offense is making history, too. We keep hearing about how well the defense is playing, but what about the offense?
• Tickets to USA-China come at a steep price. Seats to the quarterfinal match are selling for more than five times face value.
• U.S. Women’s current game plan for World Cup isn’t working. Columnist Nancy Armour breaks down what the U.S. Should do differently to bring life and goals back to the team.
• Can Tobin Heath awaken the Americans? Heath’s personality and style of play are just what the U.S. Needs as crunch time approaches.
• FTW podcast: U.S. Soccer legend Cobi Jones talks about the USWNT’s World Cup run.
PHOTOS: Women’s World Cup quarterfinals.