BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — Top-seeded Elina Svitolina of Ukraine won her opening match at the Claro Open Colsanitas on Monday, beating Louisa Chirico of the United States 6-2, 6-1 in less than an hour.
- NBC analyst Mike Milbury critical of Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask for opting out of NHL playoffs
- Kane scores 4 goals in potential Tottenham farewell amid interest from Bayern Munich
- Packers CEO acknowledges meeting Rodgers to discuss concerns
- Uruguay draws with Japan 2-2 in Copa America
- Local prosecutor in Virginia says she will ask for federal involvement in Irvo Otieno case
Svitolina said she had prepared for the high altitude in Bogota by spending two weeks training there before the clay-court tournament began.
In other matches, two-time champion Lourdes Domínguez Lino of Spain defeated sixth-seeded Shelby Rogers of the United States 6-3, 6-2.
Dinah Pfizenmaier of Germany beat 44-year-old Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan, 6-2, 7-5. The No. 152-ranked Date-Krumm hasn’t won a main-draw WTA match since last September.