PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — The scheduled exhibition game between the Cincinnati Reds and their Double-A Pensacola affiliate has been canceled because of rain.
- Osimhen powers another Napoli win; Maldini scores vs. Milan
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer win as temps soar
- McIlroy, Morikawa battling to make cut in blustery Abu Dhabi
- Billionaire banking heir Matthew Mellon dies at 54, reportedly in Mexican rehabilitation center
- Sabres rally to beat Islanders 4-3 in SO
The start time was pushed back an hour Friday night after it rained off and on throughout the day at the Blue Wahoos’ stadium on Pensacola Bay. But after an hour delay and the announcement of starting lineups for both teams, the exhibition was called off.
The Reds left their spring training home in Goodyear, Ariz., On Thursday and flew to Pensacola for the first of two scheduled games against their minor league clubs. Cincinnati was to fly to Louisville on Friday night to face the Triple-A Louisville Bats on Saturday afternoon.
The Reds host the St. Louis Cardinals in their season opener Monday.