MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Twins first baseman Joe Mauer has left Minnesota’s game against the Kansas City Royals with a strained muscle in his right side.
- Jared Goff still winless as reeling Rams’ starting QB
- Wounded veterans find a new mission fighting child pornography
- Get back your data after resetting an Android phone
- NFL threatens disciplinary action for coaches not wearing masks on sidelines
- Kyle Busch nabs 50th career trucks win at hometown Las Vegas track
Mauer extended his hitting streak to 12 games with a two-run double down the left-field line in the fourth inning, but was noticeably limping as he ran into second base. Manager Ron Gardenhire and a team trainer came out, but Mauer remained in the game and was stranded.
The team said he has an oblique strain and will be evaluated Wednesday.
Left fielder Chris Parmelee moved to first base for the fifth inning.
Mauer is hitting .320 with 13 RBIs over his last 19 games.