CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — London Johnson passed for 104 yards and a touchdown and ran for 67 yards and a score to help Charleston Southern beat Presbyterian 41-7 on Saturday night.
- Colorado begins Mel Tucker era by beating Colorado St 52-31
- mexico national football team vs germany national football team timeline
- Trauma-informed care is being talked about more and more. What is it?
- Gloomy 2Q earnings outlook might not be so dim
- ADO goalkeeper turns goal poacher with back heel vs PSV
The Buccaneers (3-3, 1-0 Big South Conference) surrendered a touchdown on Presbyterian’s first possession before holding the Blue Hose (2-4, 0-2) scoreless the rest of the way while scoring the final 41 points.
Johnson’s 24-yard TD pass to Taz Lindsey made it 7-all with 10:59 left in the second quarter and Charleston Southern took the lead for good on the next play from scrimmage with Jonathan Slaton’s pick-6.
Garris Schwarting recovered a muffed punt snap and returned it for a touchdown early in the third quarter, sparking a four-turnover quarter for the Buccaneers.
Terrence Wilson’s 1-yard run made it 31-7 in the middle of the third and Johnson’s 1-yard keeper capped the scoring on the first play of the fourth quarter.