The stars of Hamilton Phillipa Soo, Renee Elise Goldsberry and Jasmine Cephas Jones opened Super Bowl 51 with their performance of “America the Beautiful.”.
- No. 9 Baylor women 82-49 over TCU for another season sweep
- Shamima Begum, who ran away to join ISIS, loses bid to return to UK
- Bears OLs Jenkins, Whitehair poised to return against Lions
- Kepler’s single gives Twins walk-off win over Athletics
- James Taylor covers the Great American Songbook faithfully and masterfully in ‘American Standard’
But the end of their performance made for possibly the most spectacular transition I’ve seen in a Super Bowl performance. One second you have the smiling faces of Soo, Goldsberry and Cephas – the next, you have ….
Bill Belichick’s glare.
That couldn’t have been intentional, but it just worked out so well because, well, the emotional contrast of those images was staggering.